Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard troubles

• Please log in to reply

expresswaytoyrskull

expresswaytoyrskull

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I am having problems with my keyboard. I cannot get my keyboard (UK) to type the correct characters! When I go to type the "@" symbol it displays the inverted comma (") symbol and vice versa. Is this because my OS (Windows XP Home) has my set up as a US or some other countries keyboard (I guess this because the GB pound symbol appears as a hash symbol)? I have tried changing this under the keyboard settings on control panel but to no avail.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
start > settings > control panel > regional and language settings

change everything on the first tab to UK
on the second tab press the details button
then press add and find english uk
then set that as default (you can also remove the us english)
if you want you can change the setting on the third tab as well..but that's not neccessary

expresswaytoyrskull

expresswaytoyrskull

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Cheers, that's awesome! I had been in the regional settings and changed most of the stuff to UK, but hadn't clicked on the details button!

Thanks again!