Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dissasembly

• Please log in to reply

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
For whoever knows this... (i tried on the development forum but no one answered, so here it goes...)

I've got this file called 2309osos.fw . I need to disassemble it but when i try to the dissasembler gives me a "this is not a valid win32 application" error. So i opened it with notepad and read the first couple of lines which read "If you wish to dissasemble this file for reverse-engineering purposes please chop off the first 512bytes before loading it into your dissasembler".

Question: how do i "chop off" the first 512bytes? this question may be stupid i don't know, im fairly new to this.

-OCM770-

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I'm not smart enough to give you the correct answer, but what I would do is save the original file so it's safe, and actually edit 512 bytes off in notepad retrying each one. Hopefully, someone who knows what you are doing will answer with better help.

Ron

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Ok, i got it, all i did was load it into a hex editor go to line 512 and chop off everything from there up. Know i need to decrypt it but can you guys help or does G2G's Terms of use prohibit that??

-OCM770-

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
More than likely it is at this point as you haven't given much info about what the file is, why you are disassembling/decrypting it, etc., etc.. Hard to make a decision on so little information. Or at least info I don't have.

Ron

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
I'll send you a PM, please PM me back.

-OCM770-