Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No audio whatsoever in IE 7.0

• Please log in to reply

azuca138753

azuca138753

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello. I am using an eMachines harddrive with Windows XP and Internet Explorer version 7.0. Everything was fine about two days ago, but now, there is no audio on any webpage that I visit. This includes no sound for videos on YouTube.com, no songs on profiles on MySpace.com (the bar meter indicates that the song is indeed playing, but you can't hear it), or for any other webpage. However, when I play audio that is not through IE, such as a song in my iTunes library, it plays and I can hear the song perfectly. When I try to click the sound icon at the bottom right-hand corner of my screen, I get an error message reading: "There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to the control panel, click printers and other hardware, and then click add hardware. This program will now close". When I try to follow these instructions, it asks me for an installation disk that I have not used in a while. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Try the following and see if it helps:
  • Go to START-->RUN and type regedit to open the Registry Editor
  • Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
  • Now right-click on the heading Drivers32 and select NEW-->STRING VALUE.
  • Call this new String Value wavemapper.
  • Now double-click the wavemapper entry you just created and for the VALUE field, type in msacm32.drv and click OK.
  • Close the Registry Editor and try watching a video on YouTube again.
Fenor