Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc crashes

• Please log in to reply

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Hello.

Where would you feel like purchasing your fan from?

Also, do you know what the case fan size is?

Advertisements

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
About 3 1/2 in, a square box surrounds the fan, thats what i measured. I will buy the fan from anywhere. lets say this fan doesnt fix the problem what next, i dont think i can handle a project of re setting my heatsink. also what can i check for to installing another fan in my case so that i will have two fans

Edited by tommy18, 20 February 2007 - 12:18 PM.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
I am guessing the case fan is 80mm.

Am I correct?

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Yes, I would think so but doesnt 3 1/2 = 88mm? Now are different fans better than others, and how do i see if i can buy another one so that my case has 2 running

Edited by tommy18, 20 February 2007 - 06:36 PM.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Does your fan look this size?

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835118206

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Yep i would say thats what my fan looks like. looking at my case it seems that i have another spot for a fan. well this other spot looks like the same one as where my current case fan is. this spot where i think a 2nd case fan could go is at the front. how would that blow air out since its against the front part of the case and there is no opening that i can see where it would vent out the air? so should i order 2 of these fans? if i do order 2 how do i know what will fit the connectors on my motherboard? The current case fan is a 3 female connector that connects to the 3 male pins? how would i add more than one fan

Edited by tommy18, 21 February 2007 - 03:09 AM.

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835150007

Will this work fine for me?

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Yeah but,

that fan will not produce enough RPM's and will likely still cause your computer to overheat.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

looking at my case it seems that i have another spot for a fan. well this other spot looks like the same one as where my current case fan is. this spot where i think a 2nd case fan could go is at the front. how would that blow air out since its against the front part of the case and there is no opening that i can see where it would vent out the air?

The fan in the front of the computer would be blowing air IN, while the fan in the back would be blowing air OUT.

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

Yeah but,

that fan will not produce enough RPM's and will likely still cause your computer to overheat.

The fans in the front and the back don't need to run any faster then 3000RPM, so the 2500RPM fan he linked to will work just fine. The only fan on my computer that runs more then 3000RPM is cpu fan and that runs at 3500RPM.

Fenor

Advertisements

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I only have one plug for a system fan. Are there fans that allow a double end connector so i can plug another one in. If it not it looks like i am stuck with one fan or is there somethign else i could buy?

Posted Image

Edited by tommy18, 21 February 2007 - 06:46 PM.

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Could this be a power supply problem? Do bigger fans put out more air? I have two different fittings one for an 80mm and a 92mm. should i buy a 92mm fan?

Edited by tommy18, 21 February 2007 - 06:09 PM.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
You can buy both for both sizes.

Mind if i see another screenshot of speedfan to see if its a power issue?

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Posted Image

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Whew!

Your RPM's are terrible and your voltages are whack!

Time for a new PSU and new case fans.