Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc crashes

• Please log in to reply

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Can someone tell me what these temps relate to as whats in my computer. For example, i have no idea what remote means?

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
I am not sure either, I do not see it on my PC. It might have something to do with a mobo temperature or a harddrive.

But like I said get a new PSU and some new case fans.

Feel free to post any shopping links of suggestion :whistling:

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I bought a new power supply and installed it. I didnt realize how easy they were to install. All my temps have dropped in large numbers. When its a full load the remote gets in the 60s but no crashing anymore. I am thinking that maybe speedfan isnt reading that "remote" temperature correctly or something. The stock power supply was 330w, the new one i just put in is 450.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Yeah I had a feeling the PSU was junk.

Maybe something bulged in there. Opening them things up are risky but mine were all bulged and exploded. Sadly they still work. lol.

Most likely the fans were not getting enough voltage to the berring so thats probably why the fans were not getting there full potental.

So how are the fans running now? Any fans stopping?

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Fans seem to be running fine....but speed fan displays they ae running under 2000rpm....how can increase that?

By the way thanks for everyones input!!!

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
There is a opition in speedfan for that