Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Widescreen to Fullscreen?

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got an export button, if so, click that, click configure, change to 4:3 there, click OK, click export

Advertisements

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I'm not sure what the export button is...can you tell by looking at any of those pics I sent what the export button is?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click to normalise at the top, export should be at the bottom

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I can maximize or normalize, but all that changes is the size of the program, no more options are added. I'll play with it tomorrow and see if I can't figure something out. Are there any alternatives?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is what I have, see if dragging the diagonals on the bottom right will enlarge it

[attachment=13097:attachment]

You could use Super Encoder

http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html

Download links at the bottom

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Ah ha! Nero Vision looks on my laptop looks like that picture of yours, but on my desktop (where the movie files are stored) it doesn't look right. So...do you think it would be better to transfer files to laptop, OR reinstall Nero on my desktop?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can try a file with the laptop but the desktop will possibly be better equipped for transcoding

Make a note of the serial number then re-install Nero using the clean tool

Using the Nero Clean Tool

There are clean tools available for Nero 6 and 7 but before you use them, make sure you have made a note of the serial number

Nero release updated versions, however, installing them usually involves downloading the complete package, so it can be as well to completely remove the current installation and clean install Nero

Generally, you should check the release notes for any update to see whether they include any changes which will be of use to you. If the version you have installed runs well and does everything you need, then leave things as they are.

If you decide to update Nero, download the version you need to your hard drive before removing the current installation

Click this to download versions 3 through 6 of Nero

Click this to download all versions of Nero 7

Click This for Nero 6 Clean Tool

Click This for Nero 7 Clean Tool

Run the tool and select clean all

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit, click select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm delete

Reboot the PC

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc defragmenter

Install Nero

Reboot the PC

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
"Click start smart

Click symbol 4th from left to get the DVD options, click make movie, click the magnifying glass, click browse, locate the clip, add the clip, click blue + to add it to timeline

Click more, click video options, click DVD-Video, put the dot in 4:3 for aspect ratio"

Ok I reinstall successfully and now I get as far as clicking "video options" but then I don't see where to click "DVD-Video"

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You should have these

[attachment=13100:attachment]

[attachment=13101:attachment]

[attachment=13102:attachment]

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Well I found that option on Nero Vision, but I had to click it before I click "Make Movie".....so the movie is transcoding and I will post the results of it when it gets done.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Hope it goes well

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Okay so I got home (because I had to leave after I started trans coding) and it was like a 10th of the way done, and it had been going for 4 hours and the ETA until finish time was 67 hours. Is it suppose to take this long? Because I didn't think it was suppose.

Edited by leedownen123, 18 February 2007 - 07:47 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
With only Nero running it should transcode 4.3 GB of files in 2 - 3 hours

How much ram (memory) is installed

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
RAM: 256MB

The input file is about a 700mb AVI file.....what is the output file going to be?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The amount of RAM is likely causing the speed

700MB AVI to MPEG can be 4.3GB depending on the quality

You may need to check which file format the player wants and use Super Encoder from post 20 to set the output size and quality to suit the player