Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Widescreen to Fullscreen?

• Please log in to reply

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
"The following minimum configuration is required to run SUPER©.v2007.build.21(Jan.4,2007) on your PC.

o One of the following OS: Windows© 98 (second edition), Windows© ME (final release)
Windows© 2000, Windows© XP, Windows© 2003, Windows© Vista.
SUPER©.v2007.build.21(Jan.4,2007) is NOT suitable to run in a Windows emulator environment like WINE or similar
o Full admin rights within an admin session (for NTkernel OS).
o At least 1800 MHz Intel® Pentium4 processor or equivalent. (64-bit CPU not supported)
o 512MB of RAM or more.
o 20GB of free Hard disk space or more.
o 1024 x 768 video resolution or larger.
o 32,000-color video or more.
o IE 5.5 or later.
o Internet connection. "

512MB is the minimum requirement and mine is only 256MB

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is Nero always slow

Where you changed to 4:3, below that is quality, try it at super long play

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
hum...didn't seem to do much for me (still have like a 80 hours until finish) but I'll let it run for about 2-3 hours and see what happens......

I've only used Nero for burning ISO images and watching movies and it goes at a normal-fast speed, but I can't say if Nero Vision is going slow because this is the first time I've used it.

EDIT: What do you these sites:
http://www.windowsmo...px?PostID=45322
http://www.arcacy.com/letterboxer/

Edited by leedownen123, 19 February 2007 - 11:28 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can try movie maker, if it runs at a similar speed then it is down to RAM

Have you got access to a PC with more RAM and Nero or Super encoder

Super will have more encoding settings

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I don't have access to a computer with more RAM, but I'm having a problem with Windows Movie Maker 2. When I try to load the AVI file in Windows Movie Maker 2, it says I don't have the codecs for it. Where can i download the codecs from?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Install VLC

http://www.filehippo.com/download_vlc/

Then check movie maker

If it still wants a codec

http://www.filehippo...ite_codec_pack/

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
hum....I have 2 questions?

1.) How do I export/save a bunch of little clips in windows movie maker as 1 big video?

2.) Either reinstalling Nero or installing VLC player and KLite Codec Pack made all the movies I watch in Nero Showtime all pixilated. (All my other media players work fine.)
So, how would I fix Nero Showtime 3

Edited by leedownen123, 20 February 2007 - 06:44 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Select the files and add them to the clip bin, then drag and drop them in the order you want to the timeline

Use add remove to start the uninstall of Nero, if it has a repair option, use that, if it does not, cancel the uninstall

VLC and the codec pack are smaller programmes so easier to remove and re-install to find out which is causing the pixelation

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I just decided to buy a DVD Burner and burn them to a DVD and watch them in a regular DVD player than on my MP4 player.....

forkart

forkart

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hi

I've been reading some other forums on how to convert avi movies from widescreen to fullscreen and it seems pretty difficult and is still unclear to me. So I was wondering how do I take an AVI file that is widescreen and convert it to fullscreen? Is it even possible?

Now I prefer widescreen on a tv, but these movies of mine are going to watched on a MP4 player, so I wanted them in fullscreen format.

Try using this tool to convert widescreen to fullscreen.
http://www.yasasoft.com/

Advertisements

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Which tool...the YASA Video Converter? Have you had any experience with this tool because I don't think I could use it without a little help....(but I could try)