Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Device Not Recognized seems to lead to Blue Screens

• Please log in to reply

sporter

sporter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been getting a pop-up that says USB Device Not Recognized while there is nothing plugged in to the USB ports on my notebook. I get this error every 5 minutes or so. After this started, I started getting blue screens if my computer is unplugged and the battery dies or when I shut down my computer and it starts installing windows updates. I don't know if these 2 issues are related or just so happened to appear around the same time.

The error I get on the blue screen is "Unmountable Boot Volume" and 0X0000000ED, 0X83395900, 0XC000009C, 0X0

I found this posing that seemed to be a similar problem as far as the blue screen is concerned. http://www.geekstogo...hp/t117807.html

One more thing to note about the USB pop up... When I pick my notebook up and put pressure on the bottom of notebook, the pop-up appears. I don't know if this means it has something to do with the system board??

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
regarding the "unmountable boot volume" read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

The USB device error message with nothing attached almost certainly applies to the usb ports themselves being faulty. There is probably an internal fault with the USB hub or one of the ports, which you need to have checked by someone who knows how to deal with laptop internals.