Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zone Alarm Error

• Please log in to reply

cmaldona

cmaldona

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hello Guys,

For the last 3 or 4 days when I log into my computer at my office (stays on all night) I found this message from ZA. I have not changed any of the settings and this is the only computer with this problem (I have 4 more running just fine). Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My images always seem to be too small so here is the link to it if you do not mind:

http://download.yous...795C3113ADCB48F

Attached Thumbnails

• 021707_ZA_error.jpg

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you get anything if you click OK, then start ZA from all programmes, if so, click the taskbar icon, click preferences, click update, if there is an update, and the PC is running XP

Choose run, choose clean install

cmaldona

cmaldona

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
No. The only thing I get is what you see in the image. Then the program does not run until I restart the PC. I will pay more attention tomorrow morning which is when the problem shows up.

Thank you,

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you click OK and the programme terminates, you should be able to run it from start, all programmes, zone alarm

ZA is on version 7 so ideally it will update to that

You could also make a note of the serial number then download the latest version and choose clean install

cmaldona

cmaldona

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thank you for the info. I will try a fresh install.