Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to Remove windows messanger

• Please log in to reply

Jed12345

Jed12345

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I seems every time I look at my computer I get other peoples conversations on windows messanger. My neice was on my computer once and now it will never go away. I tried to go into the add/remove programs but it does not show up in there. Then I went to delete it just my clicking on it in my start up menu and it said that someone else is using this program, and if I want to delete it I may not be able to do other things on the computer. My question is will it mess up my computer if I delete it, is messanger needed for my computer to communicate with automatic updates and things like that?

Jed

Advertisements

logan312

logan312

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Go to the following M$ page for info on how to disable the messenger service.

http://www.microsoft...e/stopspam.mspx

Lightninghawk

Lightninghawk

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
To disable Windows Messenger:::

Click "Start" --> Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs --> Click (add/remove windows components) its on the left side of the box. --> Scroll down to the bottom and deselect "Windows Messenger".

This will disable it without going through your services. Services does not need to be messed around in because you can mess up easily.
Hope this was helpful :tazz:

Untouchable

Untouchable

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I made a program couple of months ago for this purpose..

Windows Messenger Removal Tool

Untouchable

Untouchable

• Pip
  • 2 posts
obs, wrong url, released a new version of it :tazz:

Windows Messenger Removal Tool