Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

itunes 7 video

• Please log in to reply

fiox

fiox

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i recently was given an ipod (new) and i can't send a video file to my ipod video (5th gen)
The video file runs on quicktime and i have managed to import it to my video library but when i try to send it to my ipod it either says it's doing something (on the itunes) or the apply button is not clickable.

:whistling: please

Advertisements

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
1) Import the video file to your iTunes.
2) Play the video to ensure it is playing through iTunes.
3) Stop playing the file and choose 'Update' so your iPod is updated.
4) iTunes may freeze temporarily, leave it to run as video files can be quite large.
5) Check iPod once it is 'safe to disconnect' for the presence of the video.
6) If the video is still not present, update your firmware of the iPod [visit the Apple website to download the latest firmware]
7) Update the firmware, which wipes everything off your iPod.
8) Update your iPod again so that all the music/videos copy back on.
9) If the video still isn't showing up, reply back here.

fiox

fiox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
umm it appears that my ipod is up to date and that the video in question has been synced but the video doesn't show on the ipod