Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer crash.

• Please log in to reply

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Greetings,

i recently bought a new computer at a small pc shop. They build it for me. The processor is intel core duo e6600 the mtb is Asus p5b s775 memory 1 gig ddr2 667 Kingston with win xp and the box is Antec slk 1650 350w. The problem is that the computer has been crashing up since a few days. I'm running a program and then it stops without any warnings. I then wait a little then restart it and when i restart there's a message saying new CPU installed press f1 to configure or f2 to restart with default settings. What do you thing can cause this problem?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Area 51

Area 51

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
I suggest that you take it back to the shop that built it before doing anything to it. If you try and fix it yourself and it still does the same thing or worst then they will be off the hook on fixing it. That is what I would do before anything else. Did they give you a warranty on it?

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi,

yes sure i have a warranty, i think it might come from the games i'm running on it. I,M always going full on everything, resolution and image quality. Maybe the box doesn't bring enough cooling to the hardware. I think it only stops when i play the latest games like pacific fighters. I will go to the store who sold it to me.

Thanks.