Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading my graphics card

• Please log in to reply

Kim888

Kim888

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, I need some information regarding graphics card compatibility. I want to upgrade my old computer. It has a 1.2 GH processor, 384 MB Ram, an Intel 82815 Graphics controller on a PCI bus.
I'm wondering if the ATI RADEON 9250 128 MB PCI Video Card would be compatible. I'm not too tech savvy, but I figured that if I tried a lower end card my computer might have enough power to operate one. Basically I want a 3D graphics card, as my computer now does not have 3D capabilities. It's a Gateway model with lots of room for expansion. Please let me know which card would work with my system and what else I need to do to be able to have 3D graphics, or whether or not I should even bother. Thank you so much.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
That's a hardware question. Please use the relevant forum if you want best chance of a relevant reply:
http://www.geekstogo...pherals-f9.html

Edited by pip22, 18 February 2007 - 02:31 PM.

Kim888

Kim888

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Oh, I didn't see that forum. My apologies. Thanks for the advice, I'll post it there.