Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is Remote Access Considered Malware?

• Please log in to reply

JSlayer

JSlayer

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but about a year ago I needed help removing some spyware and this sight was a HUGE help. Since then I have had programs like AVG and Zone Alarm running and updating but it seems I keep coming up with new viruses and trojans and all kinds of stuff that I don't put there. Is it possible that someone has access to my computer remotely? The reason I ask is because Zonealarm keeps blocking a netBIOS session on my other networked computer, but each time it blocks it I noticed the port # goes up by one. Is it possible someone is using netBIOS to try to hack into my computer? And if so, what can be done about it. My other computer is working fine. If I didn't have so many programs and files I wanted to keep I'd just format the darn thing and start again. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time,

JSlayer

Edited by JSlayer, 18 February 2007 - 06:41 PM.

Advertisements