Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MSN Messenger, Opera and more!

• Please log in to reply

Robbie03

Robbie03

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi. I wonder if anyone can help me. I am currently running Messenger 7.5 and am trying to update to Live Messenger. I am able to download the setup file, however when running set up I receive the error message:

Windows Live (MCC) Setup Bootstrap has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

When looking in to the problem more, I am led to 2 file names: C:\DOCUME~1\Robbie\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb4dd.dir00\bootstrap.exe.mdmp and
C:\DOCUME~1\Robbie\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb4dd.dir00\appcompat.txt

I have looked for these files however, the folder WERb4bb.dir00 does not seen to exsist. I have tried removing messenger 7.5 using the add/remove programs, however this messege is displayed:

Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I am at a loose end, please can you help?

Also, I have tried to download Opera 9.10 and am having similar problems and am getting this error message:

msiexec.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

It in turn refers to :

C:\DOCUME~1\Robbie\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0ae9.dir00\msiexec.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Robbie\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0ae9.dir00\appcompat.txt

Again, WERae9.dir00 folder does not exsist.

My hard drive was previously wiped and programs re-installed by PC World. I think I may be missing quite a few files/folders and am not sure how to retrieve them.

Thanks
Rob

Edited by Robbie03, 18 February 2007 - 12:50 PM.

Advertisements