Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Easy Wed Editor by Visual Visions (publishing)...

• Please log in to reply

tangent

tangent

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello people.

I am using Easy Web Editor from Visual Visions and I'm obviously not understanding it and doing something wrong.

I'll run the publish program and I believe it conects to server but the contents (public_html File or anything else) don't show up then it times out after the set time of sixty sec. or 90 sec. wich ever I set it to. then says conection closed.

This is what I have set up:

Server FTP: host###ipowerweb.com

time out: 90 Port: ####

Initial Remote Directory: /public_html

User Identifier: my user name

Password: ######

(WWW PATH): mywebsite.net/ (this entry is optional).

All pubishing ops. I left at default.

What am I doing wrong here?

I been going over and over the manual and tutorials but no help.

I have checked out the forum for the program but the seem I don't know, cocky and very technical and over my head...

I like you guys here and you know how to explain things in English, so I feel I could get more from GG.

So you think there is a chance of you guys helping me out?

Thanking you in advance. :tazz:

Advertisements

tangent

tangent

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hello people.

I am using Easy Web Editor from Visual Visions and I'm obviously not understanding it and doing something wrong.

I'll run the publish program and I believe it conects to server but the contents (public_html File or anything else) don't show up then it times out after the set time of sixty sec. or 90 sec. wich ever I set it to. then says conection closed.

This is what I have set up:

Server FTP: host###ipowerweb.com

time out: 90  Port: ####

Initial Remote Directory:  /public_html

User Identifier:  my user name

Password: ######

(WWW PATH):  mywebsite.net/    (this entry is optional).
All pubishing ops.  I left at default.

What am I doing wrong here?

I been going over and over the manual and tutorials but no help.

I have checked out the forum for the program but the seem I don't know, cocky and very technical and over my head... 

I like you guys here and you know how to explain things in English, so I feel I could get more from GG. 

So you think there is a chance of you guys helping me out?

Thanking you in advance. :tazz:

View Post

If you would Like to see or try out the progam that I am useing (Easy Web Editor) you can down load the trial for free at http://www.visualvision.com/
IT's great if I can figure it out. I seen some real nice sites made with this.

I have a web builder program with my web host package but its pretty limited with only their templates and backrounds and buttons etc...

Thanx again!

tangent

tangent

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
OK never mind. The port was wrong needed to be set for default 21 and I used ftp. mysite .net for server. :tazz: works ok now. Thanks anyway...