Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have no sound

• Please log in to reply

twone

twone

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently reinstalled my devices on my computer but I have no sound and is unable to install sound devices. How do I install audio devices? My computer is telling me that these devices are disabled. Video Controler, SM Bus Controler, Multimedia Audio Controller, Universal Serial Bus Controller.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is akin to saying I have a kitchen with a sink in it, what colour should I paint the walls.

Usually you get drivers from the people who manufactured the computer - Dell or Gateway or Packard Bell, etc. If you built the system, go to the website of the bits you used or run the CDs you had originally.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
first lets find out which icons(devices) are missing their drivers:

- press keyboard buttons: winkey + r
( the runbox window appears)
- paste this in slot: devmgmt.msc
- press: enter
- tell me if you see any yellow blobs on the icon
(btw the winkey is the button that looks like microsoft's flag)

next we find the drivers:
if you have the CD with the drivers on them, great but if not we need to download a program that finds our driver for us, I sugest everest old version as it is free and works by showing the the good drivers in black and the unknown ones in blue, more details later, post back if you joy

everest old free verson
http://www.oldversio...p?n=everesthome