Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

High ping

• Please log in to reply

§oulEp§ilon

§oulEp§ilon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Err in the game while playing gunz the duel (A mmorpg (free)) my ping is said to be 210-255, it usually is 50's-70's, I tryed restarting, I dunno how to make it back to normal here are my system specs and I currently docked off one of my processors so I could run gunz without glitching (Freezing in air etc).

- AM2 Athlon 64 Dual Core 3800+
- MSI K9N Neo Motherboard
- Western Digital 320 GB SATA
- Radeon X 1600XT PCIX Video Card
- 2 GB DDR2
- LG DVDRW 16x
- Panasonic 1.44MB Floppy Drive
- Citicase with 350w atx power supply
- Windows XP Home OEM
- 19" LG L1932TX 4MS LCD Monitor
- D-link 604 Router
- Currently Running with DSL

Any help is good ty

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
What exactly do you mean by "docked off"?

§oulEp§ilon

§oulEp§ilon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I right clicked on my computer > properties, then went into the boot.ini file went to edit, and added "/numproc=1" at the end of it cause when I play the game with 2 processors, it makes me have glitches due to the new version of it... as well as it does for everybody else with dual cores, i've talked to people on gunzfactor.com about it and thats what they told me to do :S... and when I run the game while playing I recorded my cpg usage which turned out to be 100% the whole 17 seconds of playing, and here is a screenshot of my startup, and whats in my processes at the time being if that helps at all

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenie01.JPG