Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Burning Multi-Session Data CDRs

• Please log in to reply

Boygeorge

Boygeorge

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Using help from this forum, I now am able to use CDRs, with confidence, to back up my Data. :blink: . I still have one more question, however. Is there any way that I can check how much free space is left after I have burned several sessions?. I am using Easy CD Creator Version 4.1. When I check Disk Properties, it appears to only show the space used during the last session. and O free space. :whistling: Kindest personal regards, George King

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you load the disc using easy CD creator as if you were going to add files to it, does it have a graph to show used or available space

Boygeorge

Boygeorge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Success once again Keith. When I loaded the CD Layout with a file, then the CD Layout Properties icon in the toolbar became active. I could then read Used Space= 553.63MB. Keith, I could not find any of this help or information in the help files. I am grateful for your helf and patience.
Kindest personal regards, George King

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Whichever programme you use, each time you add files to a disc, check it is still set to burn multi session as some programmes default to closed session

If a disc has files on it, you should be able to see all of them whenever you load the disc and explore it

Boygeorge

Boygeorge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
:blink: Once again Keith, I must say many, many thanks for the solid help you have given me re burning multi-session CDRs. :whistling: The details I have learned here were not available from any of the many friends and associates that I had discussed the subject with previously. Kindest regards, George King