Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Virus found on my computer - W32/Bugbear, backdoor.small.oa, downloade

• Please log in to reply

Jogg

Jogg

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

It is the first time that I post a request on a forum but I hope you could help on this one. I followed all the steps you recommend, I got rid of most of the malware but I am still having problems on my computer. I am running windows XP SP2.

1- When I start my computer I get this message
svchost.exe
The instruction at 0X1000200C referenced memory at 0X000b900
the memory could not be read

Clear message: click cancel and it disappears

2- Second message on start-up
This system is shutting down. Please save all work. This shutdown was initiated by NT Authority\System
Windows must now shut down because DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly"
Then it gives a 60 second timer and shuts down

Clear message: The only way to clear this message is to go to start menu and run shutdown -a.

3- Finally, when I shut down my computer I get this message
dwwin.exe
dll initialisation failed

Many things seems to not work properly. Unable to use my dial-up connection but i do not know if this is related to the fact that I run shutdown -a. Error 619 A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed. Also unable to use disk defragmenter.

Do you have any idea of what is happening to my PC?

Thank you for your help

Advertisements

Technical_1

Technical_1

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Let's get a Hijack This Log to look at along with an uninstall list.
  • Download and run the following HijackThis autoinstall program from Here . Please choose the default location of C:\Program Files\ as the destination. You will be prompted to create a shortcut on your desktop. ACCEPT. HJT needs to be in its own folder so that the program itself isn't deleted by accident. Having the backups could be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS MOST OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER
  • Let's get an Uninstall List from HijackThis:
    • Open HijackThis, click Config, click Misc Tools
    • Click "Open Uninstall Manager"
    • Click "Save List" (generates uninstall_list.txt)
    • Click Save, copy and paste the results in your next post.
  • Please re-open HiJackThis and scan and save a new log file.
  • Post Logs
    • Uninstall List
    • New Hijack This Log
[/list]