Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reformated XP: no sound drivers

• Please log in to reply

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Hi, I just reformatted my HP pavilion computer and reinstalled windows xp professional. I was able to install my intel graphics drivers but I can't seem to find my sound drivers.

in my control panels, i just see this:

untitled.JPG

Does anyone know where I can find this sound driver? Thanks.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
What is the model # of your HP Pavilion computer? Have you checked HP's site for the audio drivers?

Fenor

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
hp pavilion 752n

yes i checked and it turns out that I need the AC'97 Audio Codecs which i downloaded here: http://www.realtek.c...p;GetDown=false

however, every time i try to install them, I get the blue screen of death and my computer has to restart.

EDIT: nevermind. I solved the issue. I had to find the correct drivers on the hp website. The page was a bit harder to find but i dug it out.

Edited by Numb Remxed, 19 February 2007 - 09:45 PM.