Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

nightmareus

nightmareus

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
for some reason when i was videos or play games my sound sometimes makes this laggy sound like you can make out the music but its so distorted, like if someone is tlaking they sound like their talking in slow motion, this happens sometimes not all the time, sound works fine alot of the times but then the lag appears and then goes away so anyone know how i can fix it?

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
This is usually:
CD/DVD drive or associated drivers
Sound driver
Video driver

If it happens when playing a file from the HDD you can probably rule out the CD/DVD drive. Since it's an intermittent problem you might want to try a lens cleaner on the CD/DVD drive. Seems to me that a driver problem would be constant.

Edited by 98springer, 19 February 2007 - 11:17 PM.

nightmareus

nightmareus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
im pretty sure its files from HDD, like for example i use the program azureus to download torrents now when the torrents are dling all of my sound gets laggy and so does my mouse if i move it it will stay in one plac ethen a few minutes later it will move on its own. this never happend before i recently installed a new video card geforcefx 5200 and things started to get laggy. old card was a mx 440

Edited by nightmareus, 21 February 2007 - 12:32 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
We are unable to help with problems caused by P2P applications