Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java Problems? IE 7

• Please log in to reply

abusimbel

abusimbel

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hello!

I seem to be having a problem with Java that continues to worsen. I say it is Java but I'm not really sure. A few things are happening: a page will load and say "Done but with errors on page" and then any links that are on that page that would normally open in a new window are unable to do so. Previously when I cliked on one of these links it would say java error in the lower left hand corner of internet explorer 7. Now, however, nothing happens at all when I click on these links. These links are from a range of websites (online bill payment windows, photos that pop up in a new window, search engines that open in a new window).

I have turned off pop up blocker and that seems to have no effect. But these aren't malicious websites. I tried to update java but all it said was: Congratulations! You already have the current Java installed...

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks so much in advance!!!

abusimbel

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you used add and remove to uninstall Jave Runtime and then run disc clean up, reboot and re-install Java

abusimbel

abusimbel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
No I haven't yet. I'll give it a try.

Thanks much!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The online installer can be better as it will only install when it has all the files

Check all existing versions are removed as well

abusimbel

abusimbel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
keith,

I removed all versions of java and reinstalled but it still doesn't seem to work. Maybe there is something with the security settings of IE 7 I don't know about?

Thanks again for your help

abusimbel

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On a web page, click tools, internet options, click delete browsing history, delete all, tick the box for add ons

Click advanced, click reset

Close then open IE

abusimbel

abusimbel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
keith,

Thanks so much! That worked perfectly. I've paid my bills and I'm off and running. this is a fabulous forum and you guys rock!!!

thanks and take care,

abusimbel

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know