Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

got an E in e-mail

• Please log in to reply

doaru2it

doaru2it

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
when i try sending e-mail with OUTLOOK xpress i get error msg;
regular e-mail works

account-pop3
host- pop3
server- pop3
protocol- pop3
port- 110
next msg; server- smpt
protocol-smpt
secure- ssl
port - 25
what it all means? how to fix?

Advertisements

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Is this the full error code that comes with it or what? Usually with outlook express it will throw a 0x800ccc?? error at you. If you get that error code can you please post?

Edited by millerman996, 19 February 2007 - 03:02 PM.

doaru2it

doaru2it

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
yes i think you are right on error ox800cccod I hope it is simple FIX thanks

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Check the incoming and outgoing email servers just to see if they are correct and who is your isp?

Edited by millerman996, 19 February 2007 - 04:31 PM.

doaru2it

doaru2it

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
since i am cosidered weak in PC skills I need things as instructive as possible. I
must ask h ow to go about checking in & out mail servers. thanks 4 your input my ISP is Netscape

Edited by doaru2it, 19 February 2007 - 04:37 PM.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
In Outlook Express, click the Tools menu, Accounts, Mail tab, highlight your account, and click Properties. Confirm the information on the General and Server tab. You'll need your email account information to do this.

Some information I saw on this error indicated antivirus blocking was the cause. Have you installed new antivirus recently? What about a firewall?

Has Outlook Express ever acted right? If so, how long has it been and what happened with your system just before it messed up?

When you say "regular e-mail works", what do you mean? Web mail? Microsoft Outlook?

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
You beat me to it Linda...But yea doaru2it that was what i was going to say.

doaru2it

doaru2it

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
This shows up
The host 'smpt' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account pop3 server smpt protocol smpt port 25 secure [ssl] no. socket error 11001 error number; ox800cccod when i send e-mail with my ISP [netscape] works ok when i use outlook then i get error msg

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
You are using these incoming and outgoing mail servers:

Netscape Internet Service Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.3.isp.netscape.com (port 110)

Netscape Internet Service Outgoing Mail Server - smtp.isp.netscape.com (port 25, using a secure SSL connection)

doaru2it

doaru2it

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
ok now that we know info on in & out mail servers could there be a SOLUTION to FIX the PROBLEM ?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
In order to help resolve your issue, please answer the questions from post #6:

Some information I saw on this error indicated antivirus blocking was the cause. Have you installed new antivirus recently? What about a firewall?

Has Outlook Express ever acted right? If so, how long has it been and what happened with your system just before it messed up?

Did you confirm the mail server settings for your account in OE?

doaru2it

doaru2it

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
ok i have AVG- REGCURE & SPYWAREDECTECTOR installed none of these are recent the firewall is the standard XP version with outlook xxp i have been unable to send e-mail the web page that i use to send e-mail is craigslist.org i confirmed my settings in outlook express i have no problems sending mail from any ISP -i.e.[ AOL/ yahoo/netscape/netzero/juno/msn

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Still unanswered:
Has Outlook Express ever been able to send/receive email with this account?

You said something else in the last post, but without punctation I'm not sure I understand or maybe I've taken it out of context.

with outlook xxp i have been unable to send e-mail

So you also use Outlook XP? And it is unable to send email? What error message do you get with OL?

Just to confirm: your email account is a Netscape email account? Those are the mail servers Millerman provided for you. Now when you try to send/receive in OE, what error do you get?

You can try to create a new Identity in Outlook Express, then set up your email account fresh. Here is a link that shows you how to do that. Of course, whenever it gives the email servers, be sure to use your Netscape servers, not the ones listed in the article.

Is it possible your email isn't Netscape?

doaru2it

doaru2it

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i found the EXACT syptom outlined in MS help & support it states the cause as having ZoneLabs firewall installed it gives the RESOLUTION to resolve problem remove Zone Labs firewall i know zero about the firewall any solutions to finding & removing

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
You might be able to go into Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and you might be able to uninstall it there. Just look for anything that states Zone Alarm Firewall. Let me know if this helps