Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Printing in Eudora email now shrinks

• Please log in to reply

CathyLynn

CathyLynn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Good morning, I have searced the forums trying to find an answer to this, but have had no luck, so here it goes!! Last week I downloaded and installed IE7. Big mistake!! I don't care for it, I could live with it, but now evertime I try to print an email from Eudora, it shrinks so small I can hardly read it!! If I go to print preview and choose 100% in the "shrink to fit" drop down box, then it prints fine. That's a lot of extra steps to take now, when it use to be soooo easy!! Also, I can't print selected text at 100%!! There are a lot of times I just want to print part of the email but I have not found a way to do that at 100%. I am running Eudora 7.1.0.9 Sponsored Mode. I'm sure I could change, it's just that I have used it since day 1 and "old habits die hard"!! I have tried "Restore Advanced Settings" in IE7 with no luck. Any suggestions?? I'm thinking about uninstalling IE7 and going back to 6, but that will be a totally different issue!!!! Thanks so much,

Cathy

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, CathyLynn. Thanks for your patience.

Look at these links that deal with IE7 and Eudora printing issues:
http://www.tutorials...TENTION-Eudora/
http://eudorabb.qual...ead.php?t=11322

The suggested fixes are (in no particular order):
1. In Eudora, unselect "Use Microsoft Viewer"
2. In IE7, disable "fit print to page size"
3. Update printer drivers (if applicable)
4. Install Eudora updates (if applicable)
5. Uninstall Eudora, reinstall

Please let us know if any of these help.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Response lost during maintenance 2/28/07:

Hello Linda, Thanks for replying!! I had success with the first suggestion!! By unselecting "Use Microsoft Viewer" in Eudora I can finally print normally!! By having that new "shrink to fit" with IE7 you couldn't print your selection in a normal size and this also fixed that!! I would like to disable "fit print to page size" in IE, but can't figure out how. By reading some of the discussion groups on the Microsoft site you can't disable it. Do you know of a way to do that???

Thank you so much for helping me with the email printing problem!!

Cathy

I'm glad that worked for you :whistling:

Look at this link that shows where to find the "Shrink to Fit" setting. It looks like it's on a Print Preview toolbar. (I haven't upgraded to IE7 yet...)

Hope this helps.