Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A bit worried

• Please log in to reply

valcandy

valcandy

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Basically I have a removable hard disc even after I safely remove it, it seems that the disc inside is still spinning/working and i have to unplug it from the USB but when I do, it makes a really harsh sound like when you shut down your windows using the on/off button instead of shutting it down properly, is it damaging??

moreover my USB ports now won't recognize the hard disc, which it did before...how can i fix this problem? i don't have the small driver disc that came with the hardware at the moment. :whistling: untitled.JPG

Advertisements

valcandy

valcandy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
:whistling:

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You do not give much information. What kind of drive? who is it made by? You have probably damaged the USB drivers by pullin the drive without stopping it first. Seen this many times. Windowes puts a icon in the taskbar so you can stop the usb device before pulling the cord or device out of the port. Not doing this will damage the drivers to where it does not see the hardware anymore.

You might try finding how to fix your problem here.

http://www.usbman.com/

SRX660

valcandy

valcandy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
the problem is i CANNOT safely remove my hard disc~~ and now i cant get it working!!!