Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DFI Lanparty RDX200 CF-DR Problem (Possibly)

• Please log in to reply

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
When I first installed XP with this new board "DFI Lanparty RDX200 CF-DR" I installed every driver from the CD I got with my motherboard, and when I restarted, a load of XP files were corrupted. As it was a fresh install I just reinstalled and let Windows Update get all the drivers. I didn't notice I had any drivers missing as the computer is running absolutely solid. I ran Speedfan, and upon loading it, it just rebooted my system. Everest Home Edition did the same. I guess this is because it uses the SMBus, of which Windows does not have the drivers for. I want to get my SMBus working, but there are no drivers available on DFI and I don't know if the ones on the CD will corrupt my system again. I don't have the time to be fixing, backing up or even restoring corrupted files. Does anyone have this board running under XP with the SMBus driver working?

Posted Image

Thanks in Advance guys! :whistling:

Edited by SuperSam, 19 February 2007 - 02:14 PM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You could go to DFI's web page and download the drivers there.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
No, you can't. They don't have an SMBus driver on the page.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
They do have drivers for the board on their web page at http://us.dfi.com.tw...v...G=A&SITE=US
If you don't find what you are looking for there, contact their tech support.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I know they have these drivers, but none of them are "SMBus".

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
You need this one:
http://ati.amd.com/s...egrated-xp.html

SuperSam

SuperSam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I did find this and tried it, I should have posted here - sorry. After doing this the SMBus now apparently has a driver, but the PC still crashes upon loading SpeedFan or Everest. Any ideas?

Posted Image

Edited by SuperSam, 25 February 2007 - 06:28 AM.

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Sounds like a sensor on the board is defective, and when one of the programs tries to access it, it brings the machine down. At least, that's how it sounds to me, without further info.