Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Connecting a Steering Wheel to 2 PCs at the same time

• Please log in to reply

SmudgeH

SmudgeH

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have two PCs currently set up with a KVM to allow just one keyboard, monitor, mouse and audio on my desk. I like to play driving games, and would like to connect my Logitech "Formula Vibration Feedback Wheel" to both PCs at the same time. It is very annoying having to disconnect the USB plug from the back of one PC and then plug it into the other all the time.

Is there such a thing as a USB cable that has 2 female ends and one male end which would allow me to make this connection more permanent?

If there is such a thing where could I get one from, or should I ask my local IT suplier to make one up?

Thanks all! :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
the do make KVM's with USB capability...i've not heard of a USB splitter like you're asking aobut though...it seems like it would be logistically confusing if there were such a thing.

SmudgeH

SmudgeH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Would maybe just getting a second kvm and plugging the wheel into that work then? I guess that would stop any conflicts between the PCs.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well...if you're gonna get a new KVM...why use two? just a matter of replacing the one you've got

SmudgeH

SmudgeH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I was thinking of my 2 port KVM and getting another, but you've just reminded me you can get 4 port KVMs as well.

Fair point - would a wheel work through a KVM, or are they purely designed to be used for mouse/keyboard setup only?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
the KVM's that i've seen that do USB transfers work the same as anything else...it basically connects the USB ports on the KVM to the USB ports on the PCs....so if you've got 4 usb ports on the KVM...then each of those 4 ports goes to both computers....and when you switch the KVM it switches the USB port as well...just like with the mouse/kbd/and video

SmudgeH

SmudgeH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks dsnette,

Problem solved - just need to try it out now!

SmudgeH