Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Videos on the internet are skipping

• Please log in to reply

KillEmAll83

KillEmAll83

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
While I'm watching videos on the internet they skip just about every second, making it very hard to watch any videos. Maybe something with my graphics card? Because videos sometimes (not always) skip when I try to watch movies on my computer. Thanks for the help! :whistling:

Advertisements

fozziebear

fozziebear

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
There could be a number of issues, could be your graphic card, could be memory, could be a glitch in your browser. To determine further steps :

What browser do yu have?
How do you watch those video's? In your browser?
Which add-ons do you have installed?

Try to do a memory test here

What you also could do is try to watch a video and when it than hitches do the following :

START RUN type eventvwr and look for any red crosses in either of the segments and post them here.

You can also do this :
* Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:

* Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer
* Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab
* Under Browsing History, click "Delete".
* Click "Delete Files", "Delete cookies" and "Delete history"
* Click Close below.

* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):

* Go to Tools > Options.
* Click Privacy in the menu..
* Click the Clear now button below.. A new window will popup what to clear.
* Select all and click the Clear button again.
* Click OK to close the Options window

* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin

* Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok.
* Let it scan your system for files to remove.
* Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.
* Press OK to remove them.

KillEmAll83

KillEmAll83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

There could be a number of issues, could be your graphic card, could be memory, could be a glitch in your browser. To determine further steps :

What browser do yu have?

I use the latest version of Firefox. I also tried to watch videos on IE and it did the same.

How do you watch those video's? In your browser?
Which add-ons do you have installed?

I watch these videos mainly in my browser, and it happens all the time. I also tried to watch a video I had on my computer and it did the same. I don't believe I have any add-ons installed.

Try to do a memory test here

I would love to do that, but alas I have no floppy disks. :whistling:

What you also could do is try to watch a video and when it than hitches do the following :

START RUN type eventvwr and look for any red crosses in either of the segments and post them here.

Something called "acpi" under the System part of eventvwr seems to be erroring out every time it shows up. Not sure that has anything to do with this.

I have deleted all my cookies and done everything requested down below. If it helps any, my computer usage is almost always at 100% now. Thank you very much for the help. :blink: