Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express import and export

• Please log in to reply

ltaylor57

ltaylor57

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Have a new computer and need to move email messages to new computer. I was able to import/export the mail accounts, but am having trouble with the messages. My old computer has IE 7 and Outlook Express 6, new computer has IE 6 and Outlook Express 6. I have exported the mail messages on the old machine to a CD, then copied the CD to the desktop of the new machine. Opened IE on the new machine and did the import function, selecting the desktop folder the email messages were saved to. I receive an error message that "no messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has those files open". There are no other applications running, the files are visable in the desktop folder. Additionally I've changed all the files in the folder to not be read-only. Any other suggestions? The email messages have the extension .dbx. RESOLVED THE PROBLEM. The folder.dbx file was not there.

Edited by ltaylor57, 19 February 2007 - 11:11 PM.

Advertisements