Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to burn photoshop software

• Please log in to reply

sharmaj12

sharmaj12

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys
How would I burn a software (photoshop CS2) on to a CD-R?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and save it from adobe, then burn it as a data file

sharmaj12

sharmaj12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Keith,

How would I save it from Adobe.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you own the cd and want to make an extra copy in case it becomes lost or damaged, copy the entire cd to a folder on your hard drive, then burn that folder. If you do not own the cd, you cannot use someone else's, or you will be pirating software. If the Adobe program came pre installed on your computer, there is no way that I know of to burn a cd of the program, in case you have to do a reinstall. You could ask the manufacturer for "restore cds", possibly.
Johanna

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
You can download the trial version from Adobe's site as a .exe file (the trial version expires after 30 days i think). If you have purchased it previously, I'm pretty sure you can e-mail Adobe about reactivating the product with your old key or e-mail them about losing your key if necessary and then activate it later when you install it. You can just burn this data file you've now downloaded onto CD and activate it during installation later. If you didn't purchase it, it would be (as said above) piracy, which we don't cover here :whistling:

Note: I checked the site, there is actually a section handeling replacement serial numbers and activation keys, so just contact them once you've downloaded the trial version and they'll sort you out.

Edited by BlackHalo, 21 February 2007 - 04:54 AM.