Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downthisvideo.com Need Help

• Please log in to reply

MOUSEYMOUSE

MOUSEYMOUSE

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I've never downloaded a video and put it onto DVD myself before
and I've been trying to figure out a very simple thing for quite some time now :

I'm on downthisvideo.com
I've searched the band HIM.
Clicked 'download' on the video I want
Then the link takes to a page that has the details of the video (youtube orientated) and it says Right-click over the button with the format you want (FLV, AVI, MP4...). Save-As and change file extension to .flv, .avi, .mp4 (iPod) ...
so I tried some ways but it never showed the file extension for me to choose from( I guessed it would be .avi because I clicked the available button 'FLV' and my programs windows media and showbiz didn't except it)
This is the page I'm talking about http://downthisvideo.....v=1q2GOWMWrj4
Can someone please explain to me what to do???

I've decided to use ShowBiz now (with the video saved as extended file .mov)
I saved the 3 min or so video, opened it in showbiz, clicked create dvd without menus and it started "producing"
However, while producing it, it did not have any sound (I thought that was normal and the sound would come out on the DVD player) and it looked like the video was in a slower motion.
I've tried saving the video in 'make movie' and all that, and visually it works on my DVD player but there is no sound! What am I doing wrong?
When I'm just playing it in ShowBiz it has fine sound but as soon as I click 'create' it plays without any sound.

I need help! It would be much appreciated. Any ideas that would make this easier?

Advertisements

MOUSEYMOUSE

MOUSEYMOUSE

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
anyone?