Your version of Java is outdated and needs to be updated to take advantage of fixes that have eliminated security vulnerabilities.
* Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.0
* Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6
* Click the "Download" button to the right.
* Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
* The page will refresh.
* Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language and save to your desktop.
* Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
* Clear Java Cache
To Clear the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) cache, do this:
* Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
* Double-click the Java icon.
-The Java Control Panel appears.
* Click "Settings" under Temporary Internet Files.
-The Temporary Files Settings dialog box appears.
* Click "Delete Files".
-The Delete Temporary Files dialog box appears.
-There are three options on this window to clear the cache.
o Delete Files
o View Applications
o View Applets
* Click "OK" on Delete Temporary Files window.
-Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
* Click "OK" on Temporary Files Settings window.
* Close the Java Control Panel.
You can also view these instructions along with screenshots here.
It is possible that Microsoft JVM is still present on your computer.Check this as following: Start -- Run and type cmd. In the blac window type jview and ENTER. If Microsft JVM is present you will get version notification. If not present you wil get an error.
Please do the following if Microsoft JVM is present:
Download this tool to remove Microsoft JVM from your PC: MSJVM Removal Tool
Save the file on your desktop doubleklick and allow it to store it into his own folder. Dobleklick unmsjvm.exe en follow these instructions.
Please also download this regfile: RemoveJVM.reg.
Store the regfile onto your desktop doubleklick and allow the changes in your registry.
* Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
* Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Examples of older versions in Add or Remove Programs:
o Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2
o J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0
o J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
* Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
* Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
* Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
* Then from your desktop double-click on jre-1_6_0_10-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.
Addons you can see under extra than select add-ons you see what was installed.