Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot access control panel

• Please log in to reply

UBYANKEES

UBYANKEES

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Good morning, I have an Emachine 2800 AMD Processor model T2825, 512MB, 120 GB hd, running xp Home EDT. When I try to access CONTROL PANEL OR MY COMPUTER, the screen just refreshes and I can't get in. I can access other applications and even go online and when I look at task master nothing else is running and the idle process is running between 95 and 99%. Also I get the following error message, DR. WATSON POST MORTEM DEBUGGER HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE, SEND TO MICROSOFT OR DON'T SEND. After I click don't send the open application icons stay on the screen and if I try to move them they just continue to duplicate on the screen. I ran Norton virus check and nothing came up. What else can I check? Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Insert XP CD then cancel when loaded, click start then run then type sfc /scannow then press enter to check and replace missing system files, you get a blue progress line which goes off when done