Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Nvidia 6200

• Please log in to reply

Draven

Draven

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
OK guys I need your help again. I bought a new graphics card back before Christmas, a Geforce 6200 256 mb pci card, not PCI-E standard PCI. I got I installed and it was running WOW but upon game exit. I got a blue screen about an infinite loop issue, so I had to restart so I did and went looking for drivers. I contacted BFG they found me some drivers and I downloaded them it didnít help, I noticed minimum was a 250 watt power supply which I had so I upgraded to a 350 watt a few weeks back, still didnít fix the issue. So now I am at a loss as to what I can do, about every 3 times I shut off WOW I get this blue screen, as well as anytime someone sends me a video I try to play it in media player my screen will go black then come back, it will do this about every 2 seconds and you cant make it stop. I contacted BFG again to which they told me to try a chip set update? I looked on the dell website couldnít find or figure out where it was. If someone knows a site or something I can do to fix this issue I would be grateful. Thank you in advance if it helps here are my pcs specs.

I have a Dell Dimension 2350
XP home service pack 2
768 MB RAM
Pent. 4 processor 1.8 ghz

Advertisements

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Did you uninstall the old drivers first? Either way, I would go into Add/Remove programs in control panel and remove/uninstall all of the drivers/software for that card. Reboot...say 'no' to the install wizard. Wait at least several minutes after it boots up. Shut down all anti-virus and anti-spyware and just about everything else in the lower right hand corner. Download a fresh copy of Nvidia's driver package and double click on it to install it.....

edit...a little out of sequence there. Download the drivers and then stop the utilities...

edit...I don't own a Dell, so I can't get into their support section to locate anything for you.

Edited by macten, 20 February 2007 - 08:21 PM.

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Here's a link that may help. The last post seems to put it all together. If what I said above doesn't work by all means try the driver cleaner they are talking about. It would also be a good idea to install the drivers in safe mode....

http://forums.nvidia...showtopic=16154

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Make sure your using the latest directx:

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en