Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can use aim but not ie or firefox! PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Rowley1001

Rowley1001

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok I only use IE or Firefox for about 5 to 10 mins after startup/reboot before it stops working on me. Now I can still you aol instant messanger but no http software. This whole thing started when zone alarm had a major crash. I tried removing it all and thought I had but the problem is starting again. Ive ran spyware antivirus i ran regedit and cleared all internet cache and files. I just dont know what is causing it. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi Rowley1001, have you been able to take your computer into safe mode with networking to see if you can surf in there?

Rowley1001

Rowley1001

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok so im pretty sure its still the issue with zonealarm cause I reinstalled it and guess what my internet works just fine. So there is some rouge file or something from zonealarm that is messin with my http access.

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
So everything is working fine for you now?

Rowley1001

Rowley1001

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes but I would still like to know what is going on cause I dont wanna have to have zonealarm installed just to surf the internet.