Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

macromedia flash player problem

• Please log in to reply

ekikos

ekikos

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
hi,
im using windows xp sp2. i have installed the latest version of flash player from adobe web site...everything was successful. but sometimes still for no reason i go on a site that need the flash player to operate and it says that i don't have the latest version installed. so i went to the adobe site again and its all installed. but when i try to view the site ....i still can't view it. the only way i can view the site is when i enter the windows>system32>macromed>flash folder and click the flash player icon. then it will run an update and only then i am able to view the web site. please note that this has been happening several time now and that's the only thing that seemed to work. it looks like for some reason that i have to reinstall flash manually form the windows folder every single time. any idea why?

thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if this runs any differently

http://www.filehippo...flashplayer_ie/

ekikos

ekikos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
i noticed that it is an IE flash player...maybe it will be important to say that i am using maxthon as my default broswer. does that make a differece? will this link work as well?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you view them with IE