Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Theme background should be watermark.

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

If on a page without an applied theme, I can select a background and make that background a watermark. After finding the background I liked for my pages, I added it to my theme. The problem I'm having is that I can't find a way to make the background a watermark while it's part of the theme.

If I can pull it off, any page with that applied theme will have the background I've selected and it will be a watermark.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
There is no way of assigning an image as a watermark. You will have to change the image so it has a "watermark" look then make it the background image.

Do you know how to make something the background image.

I would not use Frontpage if I were you.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Thanks for the information. I was afraid of this. Oh well, I'll figure something out.

I've heard from Numerous people not to use Frontpage. In fact, I know many of the reasons why.

Frontpage is OK for me because I originally aquired it with my Office XP Package. I had no clue how to build a web page, but used FrontPage to teach myself. I created a small site about keeping snakes as pets. The site was small but really good.

Once I felt comfortable with the program, I waxed that web page and figured I'd never make another site. When we moved away from friends and family though, I wound up building a site for our first daughter, Jasmine, so everyone could see her and get updates on the family. I've just always used FrontPage. At Christmas this year, my wife took it upon herself to buy me the upgrade to 03. I'm using it to build a site for our new daughter, Ava.

My problem is that I don't have money for a better program or time to learn anything new. In fact, I haven't even taken the time to learn CSS...I know I need to learn that.

Thanks for the information.

Magus

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hey, I just looked at your post again and realized something. When I say I need to make the image a watermark, I'm talking about a "Washed Out" look as seen in Word, etc. In FrontPage, a watermark background is one that is stationary. When you scroll up and down the page, the contents move accordingly, but the background stays the same.

Just an FYI.

Magus

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
If you are using CSS (which you should be) you would use:

background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed

You can also use HTML, but the downside is that it will only work in IE:

<body background="yourimage.gif" bgproperties="fixed">

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
You can try http://www.nvu.com/ instead of FrontPage. It is free :whistling:

It is normally quite easy to get that washed out look. If you give me the image I might be able to do it for you.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Michael:

Please read POST #4. I am not going for a washed out look. I'm looking to make the background stationary.

Thanks,

Magus

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Sorry, I miss read that. thenotch said how to do that is the post above mine, but just to rephrase it.

body  {
background-image: url("path/to/your/image.png");
background-attachment: fixed;
}

And it you want the image to not repeat.

body  {
}

You will need to add this into your CSS style sheet. Or just between <style type="text/css"></style> tag. You need to add this in between the <head></head> tags so it looks something like this

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>My page</title>
<style type="text/css">
body  {
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
 <h1>My page</h1>

<p>
   This is a page about...
 </p>
</body>
</html>

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Michael:

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks,

magus

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hey Magus:

Did you finally get this completed? Been meaning to call you since I've moved again.

Ron