Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uncontrollable Minidumps

• Please log in to reply

azuca138753

azuca138753

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Every time that I run an application, such as a PC game, Windows Movie Maker, or interactive internet games, my computer will eventually reach 100% usage and will perform a minidump and shut down without warning. When I turn the computer back on manually, I get the all too popular "The sytem has recovered from a serious error" message. This is extremely annoying. I cannot build movies via WMM, I cannot play any large, interactive online game, nor can I run a software program from a CD. Why is my computer performing so many minidumps and how can I resolve this irritating issue? I have an eMachines harddrive with Windows XP Home Edition.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by azuca138753, 20 February 2007 - 06:31 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click this for a guide to using Memtest

Click this to download Memtest

Run it overnight if possible

azuca138753

azuca138753

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Also whenever I restart my computer after it does a minidump, it says that there was a Setup error:

"Failed to load resources from your resource file
Please check your Setup".

How can I fix these constant minidumps?