Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build, slow transfer help! Info inside!

• Please log in to reply

Jikky

Jikky

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I build a new computer recently and i can't for the life of me figure out why I'm having slow downloads, slow data transfer from my other computer, and winrar just won't work. Burning cd's a no go. Here's the specs:
P180 case
Intel Core2Duo E6600
Asus P5W DH Mobo
120 GB seagate barricuda 7200 rpm sata 3.0 Gbps trans
320 GB same as above
Samsung Lightscribe DVD burner
USB card reader

Attached below is my setting to ensure I'm in DMA cause the reason I got before was PIO, but it was never in PIO. Also I was downloading ITunes for my brand spankin new computer with only a few apps on it. It downloads way slower than my 4 yr old lappy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My thought's is that it's the mobo. I only have a few days left to RMA.

Attached Thumbnails

• IDE_Settings.jpg
  • Slow_transfer_rate.jpg

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Have you installed all of the drivers for the motherboard? Start with the chipset driver, then do all the rest. Your motherboard should have come with a CD that has all of the drivers. If not, go to the motherboard manufacturers web page and get them. Looks like this has on board LAN. It may be a problem with the LAN driver.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
To be honest, it's very likely it's the case of you using a laggy Apple server to download files. I very much doubt your drivers or hardware will be affecting the speed.