Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox 360 - Crackdown - Halo 3 Beta

• Please log in to reply

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I pre-ordered Crackdown and recived it today, which came with the highly anticipated Halo 3 Beta. Well you may all think "Yea he bought it so hes playing Halo 3." Not really, inside Crackdown, it came with a little card explaining it all. It states that it will be available in Spring 2007, and will only be around for a limited time. What the.... Well here is the card explaining it all, word 4 word:

"CONGRATULATIONS!

By purchasing this specially marked version of Crackdown, you have also secured an invitation to be among the first to play the highly anticipated Halo 3 Beta.

Here's how it works:

*In order to get your hands on the Halo 3 Beta once it becomes available, you must be connected to Xbox Live so that you can download the beta from Xbox Live Marketplace.

*You'll find the Download Halo 3 Beta option under Downloads on the Main Menu in Crackdown, but the option is grayed out until the Halo 3 Beta becomes available.

*When the Halo 3 Beta is released, the Download Halo 3 Beta option will be activated automatically, and you can choose it to connect to xbox Live Marketplace to download the beta, free of charge, and with no codes required.

*Once you've downloaded the Halo 3 Beta, you can play the game by choosing Play the Halo 3 Beta on the Main Menu in Crackdown. Please note that this is the only location from which you can start the Halo 3 Beta.

*The Halo 3 Beta will be available for only a limited time. Once that time period expires, the Halo 3 Beta options on the Main Menu in Crackdown will no longer be available.

*The Halo 3 Beta is available only in the English language.

for all the latest information on the Halo 3 Beta, visit www.halo3.com"

Other people are in my situation, w/e what do you think of Crackdown?

P.S. - Quoting my friend as he saw that it wasn't going to be downloaded today, and that it will be around for a limited time: "It is to good to be true"

Edited by Steve Soleimani, 20 February 2007 - 09:43 PM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I think this would be a more appropriate post in our Games forum than in here. This forum is for Random discussion, i.e., things that don't belong elsewhere.