Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Verizon DSL install not recognizing new NIC

• Please log in to reply

mikjags

mikjags

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Bought Verizon DSL. Install software said I did not meet min requirements, needed NIC. Bought and installed NIC. PC recognizes NIC & drivers were installed, but Verizon DSL install software does not. DSL install software still says I need NIC!?!?! Like most people I work in an office Mon-Fri. Verizon tech support only available M-F 8-6. Same hours for NIC help. I'm usually gone by 8 & rarely home by 6. Can anyone out there help?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Haven't ever set up a veriszon dsl connection before, but didn't need the software for the various cable and other dsl (sbc) connects I've done.

Did you uninstall the software from the first time before reinstalling?

Did you install your line filters?

Hmm, you may be better off going here where the verizon dsl tech support people hang out

A Faq
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/vz

BROADBAND REPORTS FORUM
http://www.dslreport...ays=10~start=40

logan312

logan312

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
go to 'Start'>'Run' type in 'winipcfg. This will show you ip info for each adapter. Make sure that you do show your nic listed in adapters. If you do not then there is something up with your nic card. It may need to be reseated ro the driers reinstalled.

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
thats a known issue with some of the newer versions of the new cd; still unknown as to the reason why it does that. id say to just give us a call (were open 24/7) and we can do a CD work around which is simple enough.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

....  Verizon tech support only available M-F 8-6.  Same hours for NIC help.  I'm usually gone by 8 & rarely home by 6.  Can anyone out there help?

View Post

I did think that was odd...thanks zywex

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

I did think that was odd...thanks zywex

View Post

np :tazz:

happy1

happy1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just go into Connections and enable (turn on) your "High Speed" setting...... :tazz:

;) happy

mkadin

mkadin

• Pip
  • 5 posts
That is a very simple issues to correct with about 10 to 15 min on the phone with Verizon. Just call 18005676781, we are open 24/7.