Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wild Tangent Error Message

• Please log in to reply

chrispy

chrispy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I start my computer I get an error message.
"Error loading C:\Program Files\Wild Tangent\APPS\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll"
"The specific module could not be found"

I tried to follow previous posts concerning this, but got confused. I tried to download hijackthis, but when I try to click on it it asks me if I want to unzip it. I say yes. It says it is unzipped. But when I open the folder and try to open the file, it asks me again if I want to unzip it again. ??

I too have the program "SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY." I'm wondering if I "fixed" something I shouldn't have.

FYI I have a Compaq Presario SR1151NX, 520 Pentium 4 HT, with 160GB 7200RPM, and Windows XP.

What next? Thank you.

Please treat responses as if you are talking to a computer idiot. lol

Advertisements

njustice

njustice

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Hello crispy, if you still require further assistance....this should help.

Please download this self extracting file to your My Downloads folder or My Received Files (dependent on your Operating System):

http://www.merijn.or...ackthis_sfx.exe

Click the "Save" button.

Navigate to My Documents>Chose My Downloads or My Received Files folder once inside that folder click "Save".

Now go to the folder you saved HijackThis_sfx.exe in.

Double click HijackThis_sfx.exe and select Unzip. When done click "OK".
Close the WinZip self Extractor window.

Navigate to C:\Program Files\HijackThis and double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log, Ctrl-A to Select All, and paste Ctrl-V its contents here [Add Reply].

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.