Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trouble staying connected to net

• Please log in to reply

jlgizee

jlgizee

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hey all thanks for any help on this. i have a dsl connection recently i noticed a internet gateway connection i did not set up. it won't let me disable it or delete it. it is causing me to not have a stable connection to the net sometimes i can get online others i can't. i think i have been hacked. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
That connection is created when you set up the built-inWindows ICS (Internet Connection Sharing).

jlgizee

jlgizee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i didn't set up an ics. nor do i wish to i have no reason to need it this is the only computer i have. ever since the internet gateway connection appeared i have been having trouble staying online. i just got rid of an awf infection that guy sent me to networking to fix this. any help is appreciated.