Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my music folder icon changes itself

• Please log in to reply

rdolphingirl

rdolphingirl

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi,

Basically I had some problems with music files whereabouts, and after re-organising it, it's all contained in "My Music". At first the folder icon was the yellow folder with the musical note - which I have always known as a default.

But it doesn't stay like this for long, it just goes to a regular yellow folder icon. A bit trivial perhaps, but it just annoys me. And I know that in properties none of the folders beginning with 'My' can be customised.

Can anyone help me get the music icon and keep it?
Thanks. :whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Go here: http://aumha.org/reg2.htm
Download the "XP Icon Repair" which is a zip file.
Open zip folder, (no need to extract), double-click "xpicons.reg" and click "yes" to add the info to the registry.

That should fix your problem.

rdolphingirl

rdolphingirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
No it didn't change a thing :blink:

I just remade my music folder with that icon though, if it changes itself again i'll post back!

Thanks for the help. :whistling: