Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

System 32 Message? Help Please

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I am enclosing a attachment that I took a image of as this comes on my desktop everytime I reboot. I just don't know what to do. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.32.jpg

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
This issue occurs because of an incomplete removal of the W32.KWBot.C.Worm virus from your computer. This can also be caused by the mari virus.

I would go to the malware forum and make sure you are clean of viruses and trojans to see if that is the problem before continuing on.

I solved this problem this way once but it is not the recommended method. You could also solve the problem by going to C:\Windows\system32\ folder and placing a blank exe file called system32.exe. I made the blank exe file by opening notepad and naming it system32.txt. I then changed the file extension to exe, got a warning from the OS and clicked OK and fixed the problem. There is not a system32.exe file in this folder usually.