Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Apple "user" house symbol

• Please log in to reply

joely79

joely79

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Any Apple users out there?
I bought an Apple laptop secondhand from my friend, a G4 powerbook. In the startup Macintosh HD disk, there is a list of symbols or categories (documents, music, movies, etc.) One is called "user". You can create new users with a whole new set of files, not appearing on the other users' areas.
I want to make myself the new primary user, but no matter how many times I delete the old primary user or change the name, whenever I reboot his name always appears again unchanged, with the little house symbol next to it, denoting primary user.
How can I change this?

Advertisements