Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop got a little wet- power button won't work!

• Please log in to reply

scumming1

scumming1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I left my laptop in standby mode next to a window during a thunderstorm - it got a little wet. It's been 3 days now, and nothing will work. No sign of life at all. I took off the battery and it was completely dry. What do I do?

Any ideas will help! I have so much info on my hard drive that I need!

<_<

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
the water might have fried a circuit inside the laptop. you may be able save the information stored on the hard drive. however i do not know how to perhaps admin or one of the other moderators can help you out

nichobemo

nichobemo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Find a "same" build model. Put your HD in it and backup your data.

Chances are you will have to take your unit in or kiss it goodbye... It'll cost you more than you are willing to pay to fix, I'm sure.

If you can't find a similar laptop there are several other ways to skin this cat. Not easy, not cheap... but several ways.

recovery services have interfaces for every HD type. They can recover your system to a different hd as well... unless you had whole drive encryption... then your really toast... but not to many people do those things <_<