Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Turn off Printers and Faxes

• Please log in to reply

Chill-Gamer

Chill-Gamer

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
okay I REALLY want to know this,
when somebody runs me: \\chill-gamer and then they see: Chill Gamer, < that's the folder im sharing..
and they also see Printers and Faxes, but how do i remove that?

and is it possible if they run me: \\chill-gamer that they will be automaticaly redirected to the 1 folder im sharing located on my C:/

please anyone help me :whistling:

thanks in advance

Advertisements

totallyspecced

totallyspecced

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi! :whistling:

From my knowledge, it sounds like your in a computer network and you don't want to allow other people on your network to be able to use your system resources such as; printer and fax, is this correct? I believe the best way to disable this is by clicking on your network options, or your printer options, and uncheck "share" this printer or fax, and that should make it so that no-one on the network can use your system as a host.

Chill-Gamer

Chill-Gamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
i want them to find me, and if i host a game they can find me too, but i want to remove the printers anf faxes icon/folder in my shared thingie when somebody runs me