Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dvd drive problem

• Please log in to reply

Moose78

Moose78

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I recently installed a Pioneer DVD-RW drive on my pc. It installed pretty easy and it worked for a short time, but now when I try to watch a movie nero home either will not play the disc at all or nero showtime gives me an error message that unable to read part of a file on the dvd, playback may be affected :whistling: I've tried to reinstall the nero 7 essentials disc that it came with but it will not install, but I put it into my original cd drive and it installs fine. I believe I have t he master slave set correctly. Any info or thoughts as to what could have caused this????

I've also tried to do a system restore thinking that might cure the problem, but it will not restore to any points I've chosen so far.

And in advance, thanks for the assistance

Edited by Moose78, 22 February 2007 - 12:42 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Any problems with a brand new drive gets it sent back to the manufacturer for replacement. There should be no problems at all with these drives. I personally would not tolerate such poor quality control so i usually choose the drives more known for their reliaibility like the NEC drives.

SRX660

Moose78

Moose78

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Well the thing is though, I'm not sure if something somehow got changed in the registry, or if something may have been deleted somehow. When I first installed it it would not play a DVD because it said it was missing a dvd multichannel plugin, which I thought was bunk, because I thought that would've been bundled in the software that it came with, so after uninstalling and reinstalling about a half a dozen times, I finally begrudgingly purchased the plugin from nero and it worked ok after that. I'm just not sure what has caused this behavior now, it was burning fine and so forth. :whistling: